One-on-one, in-depth coaching program to develop product managers.
Online resources + 1:1 coaching from experience PMs
Practice applying personalized advice each week
Personalized, direct feedback for documents and meetings
Product Patterns is a 6-12 week, one-on-one coaching program that helps you go from unsure to unstoppable.
We go beyond telling you information and guide you with advice specific to your team and your product. The goal is to help you get to the next level of confidence, influence, and results.
It’s flexible and personalized to give you the depth and focus you need to get real results as a PM.
These 6 key areas of product management make up the core of the program. An initial assessment allows us to customize the best path forward with you.
1. Mindset and Team Dynamics
The foundation for everything else.
- Foundations for successful product management
- The primary role of a PM
- The people side of product — culture, dynamics, influence
- Outcomes vs outputs
- Delivering business results
2. Interviewing Customers and Conducting User Research
How to get the insights you need.
- Empathy and the customer journey
- Effective interviews — the 3 questions you need to ask
- Research sprints
- How to convert raw information into insights
- Best practices for tracking insights
3. Building an Effective Roadmap and Backlog
The key to influence without authority
- Defining a compelling vision and strategy
- Building an initial roadmap — creating and collaborating
- Presenting a roadmap
- Adjusting to change and moving forward
- From Roadmap to Backlog: Defining what’s important, prioritizing stories, and getting input
4. PMs and the Design Process
How to work on solutions as a team.
- Design Thinking
- Building partnerships
- Defining clear metrics and specific user behaviors
- Asking the right questions and challenging assumptions
- Communicating through user stories
- Keeping continual alignment
- Goals & user stories, sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups, communicating after meetings with executives
- Testing and validating before building
- Wireframes, mockups, and prototypes;
- User Testing: Interviews and 5 second user tests
- The Build Trap
5. PMs and the Development Process
Time to execute.
- Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and Kanban
- How to run effective sprints
- Building trust with a dev team
- Feedback, iteration, and definition of Done
- Testing and deployment
6. Defining and Tracking Metrics
How do you know if it's working?
- Defining the right metrics up front
- Marketing and Sales
- Product-Market Fit
- Tracking & analytics
- Measuring Impact
Take the next step forward as a leader and influencer.